[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #1675: Provide more information when plugin is "not prepared properly for translation"

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 19 08:53:16 UTC 2016

#1675: Provide more information when plugin is "not prepared properly for
translation"
-------------------------------------+-----------------
 Reporter:  leewillis77              |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement              |     Status:  new
Component:  translate.wordpress.org  |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-----------------
 I'm receiving the following message against a couple of my plugins:

 "This plugin is not properly prepared for localization. If you would like
 to translate this plugin, please contact the author."

 Example: https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/en-gb/default/wp-plugins
 /cart-recovery

 As far as I'm aware, this plugins *is* translatable. I've been through the
 linked article, but it's still not clear exactly why
 translate.wordpress.org is failing to pick things up.

 I'm sure that the problem is ultimately mine - however there's currently
 no way of telling precisely what the issue is, making it difficult for
 plugin authors to "fix" things.

 It would be nice if there was a way to determine the precise reasons that
 the plugin was being flagged as not properly prepared.

 After a conversation on Slack with @ocean90 it appears that there is an
 additional FAQ here:

 https://make.wordpress.org/meta/handbook/documentation/translations/#this-
 plugin-is-not-properly-prepared-for-localization-%e2%80%93-help

 It would be great if either:
 a) The information posted to slack was available on the plugin page on
 translate.wordpress.org
 or
 b) A link to that FAQ was in the error message