[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #1661: Make a way to "suggest" users ask for support before they leave a 3 star or below on the .org Repository.

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 7 17:45:42 UTC 2016

#1661: Make a way to "suggest" users ask for support before they leave a 3 star or
below on the .org Repository.
-------------------------+-----------------
 Reporter:  slickremix   |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  General      |   Keywords:
-------------------------+-----------------
 What We are saying:
 We know people can change the review BUT it is so much work to always bug
 our users to do so and most of times after we help them they stop
 responding to emails and never fix the review

 Almost always they are giving us a bad review when they:
 Just need basic help in understanding how the plugin works.
 They just need some simple support.
 Some newbie users see reviews and automatically think they should post
 there for help.

 Giving them the option to ask for support (besides a the "support tab")
 possibly make them think twice about wether they need to ask for support
 or write a review.

 It seems as though a large number of plugin developers experience this.
 Including others we have talked to personally.

 What we NOT saying:
 We NOT trying to force them to submit a support ticket but merely
 suggesting they do so before leaving a bad review. (3 stars or below) We
 aren’t trying to stop people from giving bad reviews as we understand they
 can help us improve things people don’t like/want. Sometimes people just
 aren’t happy and we realize that.

 For those of you just seeing this ticket the two photos attached are from
 Etsy and how they do it.

 The point of this ticket is to make both our users lives and our lives as
 developers easier and waste less time having to explain were to get
 support.