[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #1384: Turn meta.svn.wordpress.org into a single-project repository (remove /sites/)

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Nov 7 08:05:28 UTC 2015

#1384: Turn meta.svn.wordpress.org into a single-project repository (remove
/sites/)
---------------------+-----------------------------
  Reporter:  nacin   |      Owner:
      Type:  defect  |     Status:  new
Resolution:          |   Keywords:
---------------------+-----------------------------

Comment (by nacin):

 I wanted to document this, but before I did so, I already came up with a
 better plan. Instead of this:

  * Remove /sites/
  * Break everything currently checking out /sites/ (excluding
 wordpress.org, as those externals are pinned)
  * Mirror meta.git using the technique outlined in
 http://programmers.stackexchange.com/questions/184540/how-can-i-clone-an-
 svn-repository-that-changed-layouts-with-git-maintaining-full. I confirmed
 this worked using an `svnadmin dump` of meta.svn.
  * Fix whatever was broken

 I will do it this way instead:

  * Mirror meta.svn.wordpress.org/sites to meta.git
  * Assume that /sites/ will disappear at a later point
  * Convert https://github.com/wordpress/meta-environment.git to use the
 Git mirror (one less thing to break)
  * Announce the change on make/meta
  * Remove /sites/