[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #1024: BuddyPress.org/blog comment submit button goes to blank /wp-comments-post.php

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Sun May 10 22:30:16 UTC 2015

#1024: BuddyPress.org/blog  comment submit button goes to blank /wp-comments-
post.php
----------------------+-----------------------------
  Reporter:  mercime  |      Owner:  johnjamesjacoby
      Type:  defect   |     Status:  assigned
Resolution:           |   Keywords:
----------------------+-----------------------------
Changes (by netweb):

 * owner:   => johnjamesjacoby
 * priority:  normal => high
 * status:  new => assigned

Comment:

 Using Chrome on a Mac:

 ```Mixed Content: The page at 'https://buddypress.org/2015/05/2015
 -buddypress-survey-results/' was loaded over a secure connection, but
 contains a form which targets an insecure endpoint 'http://buddypress.org
 /wp-comments-post.php'. This endpoint should be made available over a
 secure connection.```

 Source:
 [https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/browser/sites/trunk/buddypress.org/public_html
 /wp-content/themes/bb-base/comments.php#L38 /buddypress.org/public_html
 /wp-content/themes/bb-base/comments.php#L38]

 {{{
  <form action="<?php echo get_option('siteurl'); ?>/wp-comments-post.php"
 method="post" id="commentform">
 }}}

 I don't think we actually changed the `siteurl` to HTTPS, systems have
 redirected HTTP to HTTPS for the bb's

 Likely to be other instances of `site_url` and `home_url` that may be
 affected, e.g. r1468

 Switching from `get_option('siteurl');` to `site_url( '/wp-comments-
 post.php', 'https' );` and overriding the protocol is one way to fix this,
 the other is to update the home and site URL's in the BP network

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1024#comment:1>