[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #923: WordPress Theme/Plugin updater is based on folder name rather than theme/plugin name set in file 😕

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Mar 3 11:59:49 UTC 2015

#923: WordPress Theme/Plugin updater is based on folder name rather than
theme/plugin name set in file 😕
--------------------------+-------------------------------
  Reporter:  nvartolomei  |      Owner:
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  closed
Resolution:  wontfix      |   Keywords:
--------------------------+-------------------------------
Changes (by pento):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix

Comment:

 Hi there!

 That's the expected behaviour. For themes hosted on WordPress.org, we only
 allow one theme per folder name, and we check for updates based on that
 folder name.

 For themes not hosted on WordPress.org, you must choose a unique folder
 name - we generally recommend you name it after the site the theme is for,
 or perhaps prefix it with your name, or your business name.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/923#comment:1>