[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #915: More information to enable making plugin update decisions on plugin stats tab

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Mar 1 23:57:14 UTC 2015

#915: More information to enable making plugin update decisions on plugin stats
tab
------------------------+-------------------------------
Reporter:  galbaras     |      Owner:
    Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
 When making update decisions, the factors that come into play are:

 1. How long ago the latest version was released
 2. How many people already use it
 3. How these people rank its quality (with automatic core updates, we can
 safely ignore all but the latest WP versions here)

 The new "active versions" display is a great way to help visualize things.
 To make it even greater, can you please show the actual number of
 installations for each version (not just the percentage), the date it was
 released and the community score for the current WP version?

 I'd say this will make it a perfect way to decided at a glance whether the
 outstanding plugin version should be used.

 In fact, with this being displayed, I would not bother with the graph, so
 you might as well make the block chart vertical and give it as much room
 as you need.

 Thank you,
 Gal