[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #802: Requirements page should recommend supported and secure PHP and MySQL versions

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Jan 30 17:41:13 UTC 2015

#802: Requirements page should recommend supported and secure PHP and MySQL
versions
---------------------------+-----------------------
  Reporter:  andreafaulds  |      Owner:
      Type:  enhancement   |     Status:  reopened
Resolution:                |   Keywords:
---------------------------+-----------------------

Comment (by andreafaulds):

 Replying to [comment:17 nacin]:
 > While I did note it was "fixed via" another ticket, I didn't outright
 close this one. I agree that if we're going to mention suExec we should
 mention more about security here. I'll mull it over.

 If you are to do it, the key thing is that it should be more along the
 lines of "use 5.4+, although you can use 5.2+ if you absolutely have to
 and don't mind security and performance issues", rather than "use 5.2+
 (optionally, we recommend 5.4+)".

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/802#comment:18>