[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #1504: Improve functionality surrounding comment examples in the developer reference

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Dec 31 00:27:05 UTC 2015

#1504: Improve functionality surrounding comment examples in the developer
reference
------------------------+-------------------------------------
Reporter:  netweb       |      Owner:
    Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
 I just hit upon an "example" on the developer reference that is not
 correct:
 https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/register_post_type/#comment-925

 In the example linked the comment mentions that `with_front` default is
 `false`, in fact the default is `true`

 At the moment all I can do is downvote the example comment, there is no
 way to provide context or feedback to the original user the reason for
 down voting their example.

 The original author is also unable to edit or update their example.

 Some ideas for improving this functionality:
 • Maybe allow replies to examples so feedback can be added (i.e. You could
 reply and explain your down vote)
 • Allow authors to edit and update their examples.