[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #1203: Checkbox to force sign in to WP.org to submit on defeault WordCamp Call for Speakers form

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 25 08:08:47 UTC 2015

#1203: Checkbox to force sign in to WP.org to submit on defeault WordCamp Call for
Speakers form
------------------------+---------------------
Reporter:  rhyswynne    |      Owner:
    Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
 Hi there,

 We have had a few people say that they were unable to submit to speak at
 our WordCamp Manchester event -
 https://manchester.wordcamp.org/2015/2015/08/20/call-for-speakers/ -
 because they needed to be registered for WP.org.

 Although we could probably ask them to register nearer the time, I feel
 that this is an extra step people need to complete to even be considered
 for speaking, and it could put people off. We found out there was a way of
 disabling it by:-

 * Removing a meta key
 * Removing the "Required" element from the "What is your WP.org username?"

 I feel this could be better served as a checkbox, or a guide somewhere, as
 I had to ask.