[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #681: Community profile badges disappear for WordCamp organisers of two different WordCamps

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 27 01:05:40 UTC 2014

#681: Community profile badges disappear for WordCamp organisers of two different
WordCamps
-------------------+----------------------
Reporter:  petya   |      Owner:
    Type:  defect  |     Status:  new
 When a WordPress.org username gets added to the Organisers of a second
 WordCamp, the community profile badge disappears.

 Here's the use case:

 - I've been added as an organiser for WordCamp Sofia 2013 -
 http://2013.sofia.wordcamp.org/
 - I am also an organiser of WordCamp Europe 2014 -
 http://2014.europe.wordcamp.org/

 I noticed that my community badge had disappeared after my profile was
 added to the organisers of WordCamp Europe 2014. Adding a second entry for
 my profile as an organiser made the badge appear again. But then I was
 listed as an organiser for the same WordCamp twice on the Organisers page.
 Deleting the second profile got rid of the badge again.

 Clearing the username, updating and then adding it again seemed to do the
 trick - the badge appeared again.

 Tested it with JJJ at #wcsf14 contributor day who suggested it had
 something to do with the fact that WordCamp organisers are not supposed to
 be a part of more than one organising team. He advised me to file it here.

 It's a cool bug.