[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #611: Add ^wordpress.org SSL cert for clients that do not support subject alt names

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 23 08:22:48 UTC 2014

#611: Add ^wordpress.org SSL cert for clients that do not support subject alt
names
--------------------------+--------------------
  Reporter:  BrianLayman  |      Owner:
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  closed
Resolution:  wontfix      |   Keywords:
--------------------------+--------------------

Comment (by doublesharp):

 Took me a second to update wget so in case it is helpful this is what I
 ran on my CentOS 5.11 machines. For some reason I had to alias
 {{{/usr/local/bin/wget}}} to {{{/usr/bin/wget}}} even though the former is
 in my path.

 {{{
 cd ~
 wget http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/wget/wget-1.15.tar.gz
 yum -y remove wget
 tar -xzvf wget-1.15.tar.gz
 cd wget-1.15
 ./configure --with-ssl=openssl --prefix=/usr
 make && make install
 ln -s /usr/bin/wget
 }}}

--