[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #456: Escape slashes not being stripped before displaying notification names/patterns

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon May 5 18:56:58 UTC 2014

#456: Escape slashes not being stripped before displaying notification
names/patterns
--------------------------+----------------------
Reporter:  stevegrunwell  |      Owner:
    Type:  defect         |     Status:  new
 When creating notifications wrapped in quotes (for instance, "WP Password
 Generator"), I noticed that the resulting output of that notification
 displays the backslashes that are presumably there for escaping the
 quotes.

 Steps to reproduce:

 1. While logged into WordPress.org, go to
 http://profiles.wordpress.org/(your username)/profile/notifications/
 2. Under the "Add New Notification" heading, create a notification with
 the following:
   * Notification Search String: "This string is wrapped in quotes"
   * Notification Name: A "test"

 Upon saving, the notification list shows a notification like this
 (quotation marks escaped with a backslash):

 [[Image(escaped-strings.png)]]

 When I go to edit the notification, the editable text fields also include
 the escaping backslash:

 [[Image(edit-string.png)]]