[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #315: add search box to each plugin´s support forum to search within existing support threads only

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Feb 6 17:21:14 UTC 2014

#315: add search box to each plugin´s support forum to search within existing
support threads only
------------------------+----------------------------
Reporter:  harmr        |      Owner:
    Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
 I am more and more answering the same questions on my support forum at
 http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/leaflet-maps-marker
 Often, new threads could be avoided if users had the chance to search only
 within the existing support threads of my plugin.
 If the are using the general search on http://wordpress.org/support/ they
 might not always get the relevant results if they dont
 add the specific keywords (like "why does my map not show up?" might bring
 results from other mapping plugins too).

 Currently on http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/leaflet-maps-marker there
 is only the search box "Search plugin" left to the threads.
 It would be really useful if an additional search box like "search within
 existing threads" could be added above the list of topics in
 the center. This search box could only be visible if at least 1 support
 thread exists.

 I also added a quick mockup which displays what I mean (please be aware
 that I am no designer ;-)[[Image(http://i61.tinypic.com/10xat8w.png)]]