[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #784: WP-CLI build process regularly failing because of throttled (?) WordPress.org requests

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Dec 16 19:38:11 UTC 2014

#784: WP-CLI build process regularly failing because of throttled (?)
WordPress.org requests
----------------------------+-------------------------------
Reporter:  danielbachhuber  |      Owner:
    Type:  defect           |     Status:  new
 In the last month or so, WP-CLI's build processes have regularly failed
 because of (what I believe are) throttled WordPress.org requests.

 Here's a classic example of a failed build:

 [[Image(https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bu3msmxzh53i3x1/2014-12-16%20at%2011.29%20AM.png?dl=0)]]

 The build failed because installing the WordPress importer is a pre-
 condition of the import tests. Installing the WordPress importer doesn't
 normally fail — and the problem is almost always fixed by restarting the
 build.

 However, restarting the build on every pull request isn't even a short
 term satisfactory solution. It's really annoying to have builds failing
 all of the time because of unrelated issues. I'd prefer not to implement a
 hack workaround though. What can be done to improve the reliability of our
 connection with WordPress.org?

 Related conversation: https://github.com/wp-cli/wp-cli/issues/1493