[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #762: Themes trac: Magic button to automatically assign reviewers the next available ticket (theme) to review if they don't already have a ticket

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Dec 6 19:59:14 UTC 2014

#762: Themes trac: Magic button to automatically assign reviewers the next
available ticket (theme) to review if they don't already have a ticket
-------------------------+------------------
Reporter:  samuelsidler  |      Owner:
    Type:  enhancement   |     Status:  new
 From [https://make.wordpress.org/meta/2014/10/07/at-the-theme-review-team-
 wed-would-like/ make/meta (karmatosed)]:

 >At the theme review team we’d would like to increase the automation of
 our processes and try and make things a little easier for new members to
 become reviewers. In light of this we have a tool request for a new
 reviewer assignment button.

 >Spec of an assignment button:
 >A button that when clicked takes the wordpress.org username logged in as
 and assigns the next ticket in the #4 queue. This will only ever assign
 one theme, if you have one not approved but in review you can’t get
 another this way – you must do one by one. It will also cc in any admins
 we want – primarily thinking Emil and me.

 >Placement of button and extras:
 >Along with this, there would be a report we could look at that showed any
 of these themes. This button will live as a menu item and also on the
 handbook in the ‘How to Join’. This will remove the request post
 requirement forever. This post creation each season is a bit of a pain
 point and people ask a lot where it is, this will solve that. It will also
 mean at contribution days people can get a theme without an admin being
 around. That should have a knock on effect of increasing reviewers – which
 is great.

 >Design:
 >As far as the term button goes, this could be a link to a page. The idea
 is though it is obvious. Perhaps button styling would achieve this, but
 we’re flexible about that. The goal is it’s obvious though and easy to
 use.