[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #427: Erroneous "Email Address already in use" error when attempting to update profile

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 10 00:33:54 UTC 2014

#427: Erroneous "Email Address already in use" error when attempting to update
profile
--------------------------+----------------------
  Reporter:  johnbillion  |      Owner:
      Type:  defect       |     Status:  closed
Resolution:  invalid      |   Keywords:
--------------------------+----------------------
Changes (by Otto42):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid

Comment:

 This happens to you because you have three different accounts all with the
 same email address, which we no longer allow.

 I've changed the email on the other two account that you're not using.

 The message is not incorrect, just odd for that time and place. Your email
 address was already in use, on other accounts.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/427#comment:1>