[wp-hackers] Plugin translations

J.D. Grimes jdg at codesymphony.co
Tue Aug 1 13:26:31 UTC 2017

Hi Daniel,

Once a translation is available through translate.wordpress.org <http://translate.wordpress.org/>, you no longer need to bundle it in your plugin.

People do not have to download the translations manually, WordPress core actually detects and installs translations automatically.

Translations have to be approved by a translation editor, I think. You can request for the polyglots team to make some of your translators editors, if you trust their translation ability. See https://make.wordpress.org/plugins/2015/12/06/plugin-translations-for-all-plugins/ <https://make.wordpress.org/plugins/2015/12/06/plugin-translations-for-all-plugins/>

-J.D.