[wp-hackers] advanced taxonomy queries thru pretty urls

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 22:59:55 UTC 2015

A link like this

site.com /resources/?tax1=slug1,slig2&category_name=featured

runs a taxonomy query in the back end and gives us all the resources (
resources is the custom post type here ) where the resuorces are tagged by
either 'slug1' or 'slug 2' under the 'tax1' AND at the same time also
categorized as 'featured'

This is a beautiful implementation. And it just works, And thru the use of
(,) or (+) usage, one can do highly complex advanced taxonomy queries thru
these pretty URLs

2 questions here...

what do I need to replace the "resources" CPT in there to make itlink work
with regular posts? I tried "post" as a replacement and I'm getting a 404
with that link.

And also, In the codex, I could not find a 'NOT IN' operator that would
correspond to a symbol in the query string.
For example, I'm not sure what the link should look like to pull those
posts where the resources are everything **except** those that are termed
as 'slug1' or 'slug2'