[wp-hackers] WP_DEBUG TRUE

Leo Baiano ljunior2005 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 12:43:50 UTC 2015

The WP_DEBUG setted to false makes the server settings as they are and
their status as true it enables the display of errors, if not already
enabled on the server. Your server is probably configured to display
notifications of PHP.

Take a test including the code below in your wp-config.php:

ini_set ('log_errors', 'On');
ini_set ('display_errors', 'Off');
ini_set ('error_reporting', E_ALL);
define ('WP_DEBUG', false);
define ('WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define ('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

> Setting WP_DEBUG to true will enable the PHP display_errors setting
> (if WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY
> is also true).
>
> However, setting WP_DEBUG to false will not disable the existing default
> PHP display_errors setting, which is usually obtained from the php.ini
> file.
>
> So, turn off display_errors on your hosting system. Most hosts have it on
> by default.
>
> For the logic involved: See the wp_debug_mode() function.
>
> -Otto
>

> On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 7:25 AM, Haluk Karamete <halukkaramete at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Even though this constant and all of its brothers (WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY
> etc.. )
> > is set to FALSE at the wp-config, I'm getting a PHP notice on the admin
> > dashboard - from one of the plugins installed.
> >
> > Notice: Undefined variable: img_width in
> > ...\wp-content\plugins\xxxxx\functions\xxxx.php on line 81
> >
> > Obviously, there is some poor coding on that plugin author's code (which
> > masked above )/ However, that's a different point. ( I will contact him
> > fix that error. )
> >
> > My question is..
> >
> > Why is it that while the WP_DEBUG gang is set to FALSE at the config, I
> > still get a PHP notice on the dashboard?

Amplexos,

Leo Baiano
Web Developer