[wp-hackers] wordpress shortcode attribute escapes

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Sun May 25 18:47:27 UTC 2014

I'm very curious to see if there is a way to escape " and ] in the
following shortcode?

[my_shortcode my_variable=" Here is a double quote "  and here is a right
> bracket ] "][/my_shortcode]

surely, I could have opted in using a single quote (') as the my_variable's
string delimiters but that would not have satisfied my curiousity. :)

I tried  \" and  \\" , but that did not help.

Is the only way to use the html ascii entities here?
such as  &#34 or " for the double quote case
and the ] or the right bracket case.