[wp-hackers] Uploading plugins larger than the PHP upload limit

David Anderson david at wordshell.net
Wed May 21 22:04:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

A mention of a free plugin I've just created that others may find useful...

I've been hindered upon occasion by web hosting setups where the PHP
maximum upload limit is as low as 2Mb - and I've wanted to upload a
plugin that's larger than this. WordPress uses just a standard file
upload, so it can't be done. You have to resort to going manually via
FTP, if that's an option.

This could be solved if someone could create a plugin that replaced the
WordPress file upload field on the "Plugins -> Add" page with something
that can chunk the upload. That's now done; if you ever have this issue,
then use this: http://wordpress.org/plugins/upload-larger-plugins/. I've
only tested it on WP 3.9 - though the plupload component it uses is in
WP since 3.3, so you should be OK back until then.

Best wishes,
David

--
UpdraftPlus - best WordPress backups - http://updraftplus.com