[wp-hackers] Peer to peer marketplace

Urban Legend web, Duncan O'Neill info at urbanlegendweb.co.nz
Tue May 20 01:43:08 UTC 2014

On 20/05/2014 12:56 p.m., Chris McCoy wrote:
> Ive seen a premium theme that lets you users create a store within a store.
>
> So each user can have their own marketplace.
>
> http://wedevs.com/theme/dokan/

Thanks for your reply Chris,

but this is not what I'm after. I'm after something
which will let users 'buy' direct from other users.
When a 'sale' occurs, the seller's account is debited.

Something like one of the links on this page;

http://p2pmarketplaces.wordpress.com/

e.g.  http://www.9flats.com/

except the above doesn't use WP.

best,

> Not sure if that is what you are after.
>
> On 2014-05-19, 8:17 PM, "Urban Legend web, Duncan O'Neill"
> <info at urbanlegendweb.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> first time post here.
>>
>> Just wondering if anyone here has built, or knows of examples
>> of peer to peer /marketplaces/ built on the WP platform.
>>
>> I'm aware of scribu's Posts to Posts plugin, which apparently
>> can create many-to-many relationships between users, but
>> obviously that hasn't got e-commerce functionality built in.
>> So would need extending to work as an e-commerce platform.
>>
>> I've also searched WooCommerce for plugins which will create
>> a p2p marketplace, but no results there.
>>
>> Another avenue I've searched is buddypress, but can't see any
>> plugin examples of e-commerce functionality.
>>
>> I'm trying to find existing functionality, because I don't
>> want to attempt to build it from scratch ( not sure I could ).
>>
>> thanks in advance,
>>
>> --
>> Duncan O'Neill
>> http://urbanlegendweb.co.nz/