[wp-hackers] is using "WP_INSTALLING" constant a doing_it_wrong matter?

Daniel danielx386 at gmail.com
Sun May 18 00:38:44 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

I've done some research and I found that I could fire up wordpress
without any plugins or theme loading by setting "WP_INSTALLING" to
true.

After doing some more reading, I found that it may not be the best idea. [1] [2]

What I'm doing is I got a bridge that connect phpBB and wordpress
together and when someone logs in and out of phpBB I need to call up
wp-load so that I can do things like checking to see if an account is
created or logging the user out of wordpress.

My question is, do I have a valid case of using "WP_INSTALLING"? The
file that I'm calling wp-load.php from is outside of WordPress so it
won't get loaded as a plugin.

Thank-you

[1]http://wordpress-hackers.1065353.n5.nabble.com/Is-WP-INSTALLING-constant-here-to-stay-td40569.html
[2]http://ottopress.com/2010/dont-include-wp-load-please/