[wp-hackers] [GSoC '14] bbPress per-forum moderation

Stephen Edgar stephen at netweb.com.au
Fri Mar 21 04:17:43 UTC 2014

Hi Dragoon,

Apologies I haven't got to this earlier,

Indeed the project and idea still has merit.

I've taken a quick look at your proof of concept.

If you take a look at the work that previously gone into this idea in bbPress ticket #459 you will see that we have created a custom taxonomy to store the forum moderators and forums that they are moderators of.

https://bbpress.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/459/459.4.diff

We'd want to build out on that per the GSoC project idea to scope it out further to also cover "per-post" permissions which would enhance the flexibility of what we can and cannot do with the forum, topic and reply custom post types.

I suggest you create a proposal per the codex http://codex.wordpress.org/GSoC2014#How_to_Apply

Cheers,

Stephen Edgar
Melbourne, Australia