[wp-hackers] Disabing a paid extension of our plugin if the licence is not renewed, is doing this too agressive?

Nicola Peluchetti nicola.peluchetti at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 23:51:54 UTC 2014

We are refactoring our plugin (
http://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-event-calendar by the way it says
it hasn't been updated in 2 years, i released 1.10.5 two months ago but i
will open another thread for this ) to have a basic core and then sell
extensions.

What i plan to do is disable the extension if the licence is not renewed or
not entered. This basically means "do not add actions and filters for the
extension if the licence is not valid". So if the user after one year do
not renew the licence, i will make a call from our store to  our API and
set the extension as disabled.

Do you think this is too aggressive?Would you advice against this?

*Nicola Peluchetti - Senior PHP Developer @ Timely*
Twitter: @nik_peluchetti <https://twitter.com/#!/nik_peluchetti>
Facebook: nicola.peluchetti <https://www.facebook.com/nicola.peluchetti>
Stackoverflow: Stackoverflow<http://stackoverflow.com/users/397861/nicola-peluchetti>