[wp-hackers] do you guys distinquish between various PHP commenting options?

Nikola Nikolov nikolov.tmw at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 21:06:19 UTC 2014

I prefer // for single-line comments and usually go with /**/ for
multi-line comments(although if I'm quickly commenting a couple of lines of
code while I'm working, I'd use the quick insert/remove comment function of
Sublime Text and it will just add // at the beginning of all selected
lines).

I'm not sure if there's a reason why you'd need a minified version of
WordPress(not sure if the license allows the WordPress source code to be
obscured in any way) - as far as I know the decreased file size won't make
a huge difference in performance or anything.