[wp-hackers] by passing the entire template hierarchy

Shane Thompson prog.support at webwizards.com.au
Tue Jul 8 01:46:08 UTC 2014

Hi Haluk,

Although it is possible, as already described, I don't think it would be a
very good idea to circumvent this. If you must, template_include is
probably better for this than template_redirect, as template_redirect (my
understanding) is purely for doing redirects. ie. I want /courses/ to
redirect to /courses/medical so I would do this with template_redirect.

If you are trying to circumvent it for performance reasons, you're not
making much of a performance benefit at all. We can discuss ways to get the
best performance out of WP here, if that is what you are after.

Shane Thompson