[wp-hackers] limiting the number of posts

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 18:55:40 UTC 2014

posts_per_page does not have anything to do with the LIMIT phrase of mysql.

What query argument corresponds to the LIMIT?

In other words, I'd like WordPress query to return only 3 posts max, (even
though there could be  thousands that match that query. )

Now knowing any better, I'm thinking, forcing WPQuery to return only as
much as what I need is more efficient that getting them all. Hence the need
for a LIMIT. Please correct if that thinking is also not correct.