[wp-hackers] Change the user avatar url to a user meta field url?

BenderisGreat greglancaster71 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 08:24:52 UTC 2014

Thanks Nikola - I took your advice and filtered it.  I am not sure why
everyone says it's a pain now (or maybe I just spoke with the wrong people)
but that was incredibly easy.   Just code an upload form, store url to file
in usermeta, and then filter the get_avatar function and have it check that
usermeta first.  Thats correct, right?  I dont really see how there are
entire plugins dedicated to this now either.