[wp-hackers] set_transient returns false on live server but true on local host.

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 17:41:54 UTC 2014

Otto, after your reminder about the external cachers, I found out that the
production server has total cache installed.

I tried the solution mentioned here
http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/108287/trouble-with-transient-api-when-w3tc-is-activated

but no luck.

still the beautiful transient system that WordPress has for us is by passed
here...  I build a plug in tapping into the core transient API's left and
right... and it works like a charm on my localhost test environment...
but these external cache systems put a bullet hole into the basics...

Any recommendations?