[wp-hackers] WordPress plugin inspections

Harry Metcalfe harry at dxw.com
Thu Feb 20 12:30:06 UTC 2014

We do for advisories - which identify specific vulnerabilities - but not for inspections,  which more generic. It wouldn't really be practical for us to do it for inspections.

This has come up elsewhere in the thread,  though - and we've pondered automatic notifications going to the plugin's forum. What do you think?

Harry

Sent from my mobile

Harry Metcalfe <harry at dxw.com> wrote:

> Disappointingly, we'll perhaps have to agree to disagree.
>
> I think the site is a positive contribution to WordPress's security.
> Hopefully, in time, we'll earn some trust. I'm not expecting that to
> be instant. I don't think we're condemning anybody: we're pointing
> out issues which are widely accepted to be indicative of problematic
> code.
>
> In the mean time, people are - of course - free to vote with their
> feet and not visit the site. Or set up a better one.

Do you contact the developers privately about your findings before
posting them to the public?

--
Peter van der Does

GPG key: CB317D6E