[wp-hackers] Discontinuing a plugin on WordPress.org

Half-Elf on Tech ipstenu at halfelf.org
Fri Aug 8 16:35:59 UTC 2014

As a reminder, if we ‘remove’ your plugin, it just means not’s not going to be listed in WPORG anymore. You can still check in SVN code and all that. So in this case, Chip, closing the plugin would prevent anyone new from using it, while leaving your support forum intact. I’d probably do that since it’s not needed anymore.

Just ping us at plugins AT wordpress.org and let us know :)

(There’s also a way to disable the plugin, so you can push updates while not allowing new people to download, which is also a good idea to do WHILE you’re backing it out)

--
Mika A Epstein (aka Ipstenu)
http://ipstenu.org | http://halfelf.org