[wp-hackers] When shady people resell your work...

Casey Bisson casey.bisson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 03:52:38 UTC 2014

Dino,

I don’t have any direct experience with this, but the http://www.fsf.org/ and http://www.gnu.org/ might be able to offer advice on this matter, if not actually be able to help connect you with a lawyer who can help act on the matter.

Sadly, their GPL violation page is really vague http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-violation.html , and I don’t think they’ve got deep pockets, but worth a try. I say this because it’s likely important for the organization to establish and support legal precedence for license enforcement, so cases like this may be of interest.

—Casey