[wp-hackers] W3 Total Cache and excluding specific page content from caching

Nicholas Ciske nl at thoughtrefinery.com
Mon Sep 9 18:07:18 UTC 2013

Have you tried posting in the W3TC Plugin Support Forum? This is more a plugin issue than a WP issue...

Tried a bundled theme and all unnecessary plugins turned off to check for theme/plugin conflicts?

The thread you mentioned makes it clear that mfunc (especially after the recent security issues) is tough to get going in some environments.

Could also be the widget -- mfunc calls lose a lot of context so the widget code could be working but not pulling actual widget data due to missing info.

Writing an ajax call to replace the cached sidebar content with uncached content from the server would avoid mfunc completely and run the code within WP (keeping context).

Essentially:
Ajax calls the server saying: "give me the (primary/secondary) sidebar for page X" ... which it returns some HTML and jQuery replaces the cached sidebar with the user specific data.

Not a simple solution, but user specific content plus page caching are never simple...

Nick Ciske
http://thoughtrefinery.com/
@nciske