[wp-hackers] wp 3.7

Chris Jean gaarai at gaarai.com
Fri Oct 25 21:14:25 UTC 2013

It's due to this line that was added to wp-login.php in 3.7:

if ( isset($_POST['testcookie']) && empty($_COOKIE[TEST_COOKIE]) )

This didn't exist before.

Since the cookie is set on page load, triggering this issue would seem
to require clearing cookies just before logging in, having cookies
disabled until already on the page, or some other type of process on the
browser that is blocking cookies.

Luke, do you have anything on your browser that blocks, disables, or
otherwise modifies cookies?

Chris Jean (AKA gaarai & chrisbliss18)
Coder for ithemes.com
chrisjean.com