[wp-hackers] iOS WP app: Featured image size problems

Micky Hulse mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 23:23:16 UTC 2013

Hi,

Details: Wordpress 3.6.1, iOS WP app 3.8.3.

I'm hoping someone can help me figure this one out. I can't seem to
find an answer on Google.

Scenario:

Create/publish post from the WP iOS app that has a featured image
(uploaded as "original" size).

Problem:

Functions that get the post's thumbnail only return original size.

What I see:

When looking at FTP upload location, all of the image sizes (I've got
several custom sizes) are there.

When I run:

print_r(wp_get_attachment_image_src(get_post_thumbnail_id($post->ID), '300px'));

... I get:

Array
(
    [0] => http://foo.com/blog/files/2013/10/20131022-160759.jpg
    [1] => 0
    [2] => 0
    [3] =>
)

I'm not sure how to trouble shoot this.

At first I thought that maybe the WP app did not obey the custom
images sizes ... But they are generated and sitting there in my
uploads folder.

It's almost like something, image related, isn't getting logged to the
database when the WP app makes a post.

I'd love some help. I'm hoping it's something I overlooked and is easy
to fix. :)

Thanks!