[wp-hackers] Custom Post Type URL Rewrite

AJ Morris ajmorris2002 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 17:06:45 UTC 2013

Hey all,

I have a CPT that we use for press releases and I'd like the archive page to live under a page, eg. example.com/about-us/pressreleases.

The problem I'm encountering is that the menu is just wp_list_pages(). I thought I'd be able to do something with 'rewrite' => array( 'slug' => 'about-us/pressreleases', 'with_front' => true)) like I did for single press releases, but that doesn't seem to work. It seems the only way I could get this to work is to create a page, and assign it a special template in which I have a custom query on it.

Does that make sense? Is there a better way to go about it?

Thanks in advance!

--
AJ Morris