[wp-hackers] Password protected page with SSL network and domain mapping

Jesse Friedman highfive at jesserfriedman.com
Wed Oct 2 14:45:08 UTC 2013

The engineers at WP Engine offer this as a service so they've mastered it.
Maybe you can get with someone there and they'll share how they do it.

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 10:20 AM, Tom Barrett <tcbarrett at gmail.com> wrote:

> It would certainly be interesting to see an alternative.
>
> I think the basic issue is that the domain mapping plugin filters
> the_content with str_replace() to update all URLs. Irrespective of them
> being admin (wp-admin/wp-login/admin-ajax) or not. I've not had the chance
> to evaluate the cost of replacing it with something like preg_replace() (or
> whether that will suffice).
>
> Potentially a lot of variables/permutations to consider....
>

> On 2 October 2013 12:54, Marko Heijnen <mailing at markoheijnen.nl> wrote:
>
> > At the moment I'm rewriting the domain mapping plugin and this is one of
> > the things I play with.
> > I got the same situation but it quite a mess. Since the site url is
> > without SSL and when you go there it should map to the admin/network url
> > with https.
> >
> > Marko
> >

> > Op 2 okt. 2013, om 12:16 heeft Tom Barrett <tcbarrett at gmail.com> het
> > volgende geschreven:
> >
> > > I have a network with SSL login/admin. Password protected pages use
> > > wp-login.php?action=postpass.
> > >
> > > I can't get this to work at all on sites with mapped domains. At worst
> it
> > > tries load https://customdomain.com/wp-login.php (which fails due to
> > lack
> > > of SSL on mapped domain). At best it loads the login page.
> > >
> > > Anyone have any experience with this? Can point me in the right
> direction
> > > for filters to nginx rewrite rules that I need to apply?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > --
> > > http://www.tcbarrett.com | http://gplus.to/tcbarrett |
> > > http://twitter.com/tcbarrett
> >

> --
> http://www.tcbarrett.com | http://gplus.to/tcbarrett |
> http://twitter.com/tcbarrett

thanks
*
*
*jesse friedman*
jes.se.com *
*
Book: Web Designers Guide to WordPress -
http://wdgwp.com/onamazon<http://wdgwp.com/onamazon>
Twitter: @professor <http://twitter.com/professor>
Facebook: Like<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jesse-Friedman/204793299545174>