[wp-hackers] Debugging some strange error

Ryan McCue lists at rotorised.com
Fri Nov 29 00:27:11 UTC 2013

Daniel wrote:
> /home/xxx/public_html/wp-content/themes/phpBB/includes/wp_phpbb_bridge_core.php
> on line 915: Creating default object from empty value.
>
> Would anyone have any ideas on how I can go about debugging it? Also
> please note that most of it wasn't written by me so there may be
> something that been missed and I have not been able to pick up on it.

At this point in the code, $wp_poster_id is either 0 or falsey
(false/null), *not* an object. You're setting properties on it and
assuming it's an object, which is casting the falsey value to an object
and giving you that notice.

Try: $wp_poster_data = new WP_User;

Also, questions like this are probably better asked on Stack Overflow. :)

--
Ryan McCue
<http://ryanmccue.info/>