[wp-hackers] Privacy issues & encryption of data

Matt Sowden m.sowden at mi-telemetry.com
Thu Nov 21 14:06:31 UTC 2013

It's privacy compliance laws that some governments are implementing now. UK has done it as well [1]. A work around for some implementations could be to use a bar at the top of the page on the user's first visit that says "By continuing to use our site you agree to the use of cookies" like some sites have done. There really isn't a good way to get around the benefits it provides.

[1]  http://www.ico.org.uk/for_organisations/privacy_and_electronic_communications/the_guide/cookies

Best,
Matt Sowden
+mattsowden