[wp-hackers] A tool to check whether the core files were tampered?

Roger Chen developer at rogerhub.com
Sat Nov 16 04:22:17 UTC 2013

If you're concerned that your core files are corrupted or have been
tampered with, you can always just do a find . -type f | xargs md5sum and
compare (diff) it to a fresh copy from wordpress.org. On the other hand,
the only parts of your installation that should differ from a clean install
are your wp-config and wp-content. You should be able to replace all of the
core files without an issue.

Roger