[wp-hackers] from time to time, publish/update becomes disabled.

Haluk Karamete halukkaramete at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 11:34:08 UTC 2013

Anybody know what triggers the "disabled" attribute to be enforced to make
the dashboard's PUBLISH / UPDATE button?

This is happening on 3.7 with chrome & firebox when working on my
localhost.

for a weird reason, I keep getting that button getting disabled which is
about %20 to %30 of  the time.

Every time, that happens, I go to the chrome developer tools by right
clicking on the blue publish(or update) button whichever the case may be,
and selecting the "inspect element" option and then locate & physically
remove the 'disabled' attribute by editing the generated HTML. Only and
only then, the button becomes clickable.

The generated code by WordPress is normally this;

<input name="save" type="submit" class="button button-primary button-large"
id="publish" accesskey="p" value="Update">

but from time to time, it becomes

<input name="save" type="submit" class="button button-primary button-large"
id="publish" accesskey="p" value="Update" disabled="">

which is usually after 1 min or so.

I cannot find any trace of any warning/notice/error under the developer
console when this happens.

does anyone know what condition inserts the 'disabled' in there?