[wp-hackers] Shortcodes in Custom Menu Items

Nicholas Ciske nl at thoughtrefinery.com
Thu May 30 15:49:53 UTC 2013

I tested the code and it worked fine for me... [shortcode] showed up (using a custom menu item), then the shortcode output showed up when I wired it to a function.

Something outside core (theme or plugin) is filtering your menus and stripping out the [].

You could also do %SITEURL% or {SITEURL} (or whatever does not get stripped, even just SITEURL) and use str_replace instead of a shortcode solution.

Nick Ciske
http://thoughtrefinery.com/
@nciske