[wp-hackers] Shared MultiSite Menus

Jesse Friedman highfive at jesserfriedman.com
Thu May 30 15:46:50 UTC 2013

Dobri, thank you and I considered that as well

Otto, I considered that as well, but... It seems strange having a site menu
for 1 client, in a global network wide site option.  I can't think of a
reason why it would be bad, it just doesn't seem like a good practice.
Thoughts?

Jesse

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 11:43 AM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Dobri <dyordan1 at ramapo.edu> wrote:
> > If it's this specialized, how about on menu save from any of the four
> sites you create a raw HTML flat file and dump it on the server? Then on
> render, just pull that file in. Doesn't really scale obviously but it works
> for a very specific case like yours, right?
>
> Instead of a flat file, use a site-option.
>
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/update_site_option
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/get_site_option
>
> -Otto

thanks
*
*
*jesse friedman*
jes.se.com *
*
Book: Web Designers Guide to WordPress -
http://wdgwp.com/onamazon<http://wdgwp.com/onamazon>
Twitter: @professor <http://twitter.com/professor>
Facebook: Like<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jesse-Friedman/204793299545174>