[wp-hackers] Wordpress equivelent of Expression Engines template editor?

Micky Hulse mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 29 23:13:19 UTC 2013

Hello,

I hate to say it, but I've wasted half my day trying to get PHP to
parse in pages.

I've come close to successful eval of PHP code (only for super
admins), but the PHP opening tag gets converted to "< ?php" (notice
the rogue space) when saving the page in the admin (I'd love to know
what code is responsible for inserting that space!)

Long story short, I know it's not the best idea to allow PHP in pages,
but I'd really like to get similar functionality as the
ExpressionEngines template editor.

<http://ellislab.com/expressionengine>

For those not familiar with EE, they have a "template" editor that
allows you to essentially store your template code in the database. On
top of allowing PHP, you can also easily specify a URL to said
template.

In WP, is there any workflow that would get me close to the
functionality that the EE template editor offers?

The closest I've come in WP is to setup custom page templates. Pages
are cool because you can create custom URLs to your page, it's just
that I don't have the ability to put my template code/PHP within the
page itself.

Just curious if I'm overlooking something.

Thanks!
Micky