[wp-hackers] Need WP/PHP guru eyeballs/feedback on my WP_Widget wrapper class

Micky Hulse mickyhulse.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 18:17:16 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 6:04 AM, J.D. Grimes <jdg at codesymphony.co> wrote:
> You need to register the widget with the register_widget() function like this:
> Then it should work.

Ahh, that makes sense. Thank you for the clarification, I really appreciate it.

I assumed that I did not need to register_widget() because I have that
in the class I'm extending.

add_action(
'widgets_init',
function() {
register_widget(__CLASS__);
}
);

Maybe if I passed __CLASS__ from the child class into the parent
class's register_widget()? I'll have to play around with that.

Either way, thanks to your help, I now have a better understanding of
WP widgets. Thanks so much for your help and guidance. :)

Thanks again to everyone who has given me help.

Cheers,
Micky