[wp-hackers] Posts 2 Posts: Pagination for connected posts on single post template

Md Mahmudur Rahman iammahmudur at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 00:24:08 UTC 2013

Hi

If I set the page number as a GET parameter then it works for the first
loop/primary loop and not for the secondary loop. As a result the URL
becomes:

http://localhost/artist/artist-name/2/<http://localhost/artist/artist-name/?page=2>

Here is the response (WP_Query Object) for the first loop:

https://gist.github.com/iammahmudur/88beda1b000acd806144

And here is the response (WP_Query Object) for the second loop:

https://gist.github.com/iammahmudur/2b526713a14fb3b8fd05

How can I set the 'page' parameter for the second loop?

Many thanks.

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 9:57 AM, J.D. Grimes <jdg at codesymphony.co> wrote:

> Does it work if you add the page number as a GET parameter?
>
> For Example, http://localhost/artist/artist-name/?page=2
>
> -J.D. Grimes
>
> On Jun 27, 2013, at 7:37 PM, Md Mahmudur Rahman <iammahmudur at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I have tried that as well. But no luck.
> >
> > The pagination links are part of a secondary loop on a single page
> > template. And I can see that get_query_var('paged') always returning 1.
> As
> > a result the pagination links are not working.
> >
> > Is it possible to paginate through a secondary loop on a *single page
> > template*? For example, on a single page template can I have a URL like
> > below:
> >
> > http://localhost/artist/artist-name/page/2
> >
> > Here is the link for:
> >
> > single-artist.php <