[wp-hackers] Managing a lot of content editors, roles and permissions

Alex King lists at alexking.org
Wed Jul 31 17:31:19 UTC 2013

> You create a taxonomy for each division/department: abc.com/sales,
> abc.com/development, etc.  And for that each of those you create a set of
> author/editor/publisher/admin roles?  Is that right?

Create a 'can_edit_{tax-slug}_content' role or similar.

> Each author is responsible for choosing the correct taxonomy for their new
> content?  What if they choose incorrectly?  Do they see the entire
> taxonomy, or just their window?

That's just tooling - if a user only has access to a single section, silently add that term as appropriate to content they create. If they cross over into multiple sections, they then need to select the appropriate sections. This is a training issue.

> E.G., if I'm an author in Sales, do I see
> all the departments in the Edit Post page?  Or just Sales?  Or does it
> somehow just put my post in Sales?

Limit the views of these users in the admin as approprioate

> Does this prevent an editor from division A from creating/editing content
> in division B's taxonomy?  I assume so...

See above.

Cheers,
--Alex

http://alexking.org | http://crowdfavorite.com