[wp-hackers] Advice on possible malware affecting multiple sites on same server

Mark Costlow cheeks at swcp.com
Fri Jul 26 21:47:13 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 04:38:51PM -0500, Otto wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Patty Ayers <patty at ayersvirtual.com> wrote:
> > Hm, really, ok. I can certainly do that. Might be a problem for my clients
> > at times, but then again, nobody's using GIFs all that much anyway.
> >
> > So that would be caused by settings on the server, sounds like.
>
> Yes and no... it's caused by the particular version of GD running on
> the machine and the support it has for various images. GD is an older
> image library.
>
> WordPress 3.6 will support an alternate library called "ImageMagick",
> if your server has that installed and enabled. However, you may not
> have that and thus won't see any change if not.

You might check to see the admin of that server did an update.  If
PHP got recompiled it may have been done with different configuration
flags or a different set of libraries.

Mark
--
Mark Costlow    | Southwest Cyberport | Fax:   +1-505-232-7975
cheeks at swcp.com | Web:   www.swcp.com | Voice: +1-505-232-7992

Mail Minder - Intelligent Push Notifications for Email on the iPhone
http://mailminderapp.com/download  or in the App Store