[wp-hackers] Is WP_INSTALLING constant here to stay?

Dino Termini dino at duechiacchiere.it
Tue Jan 22 17:07:04 UTC 2013

Hi Otto,

you are correct, I didn't elaborate enough on what I'm trying to do, and
I understand the confusion. My plugin includes a file that is called via
Ajax, and performs some basic tasks depending on the data it receives.
For most tasks I don't need to load WP, as I can take care of that
directly, thus avoiding to increase the load on people's servers (like
your post says). In some specific cases, I need WP, and that's when I
load it. My 'mistake' was to do the include inside the method, this
messing up the scope of WP's variables. It's fixed now.

Thank you,
Dino.